Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A drink, darling?


For this first series of photos, taken at Le Colonial in San Francisco, I decided to try my hand at majorly adjusting photos.  The adjusted photo is first, with the original, smaller photo following.  I hate using a flash indoors in public (especially when taking a bunch of pics) and the result is that these photos didn't come out.  So, I took iPhoto's generic photoshop to town.  I'm always curious about photos before and after and I never usually edit my pictures except to crop them.  What do you think?








 


Next on the agenda is a ginger lemonade with some fresh mint leaves thrown in for good measure.  I am enthralled with The Essential New York Times Cookbook and have yet to be disappointed with any recipe therein:

You start by boiling fresh ginger:
I added some mint:
I Squeezed some lemons from the tree outside.  While most lemonade calls for you to make a simple syrup with sugar and water, This recipe calls for you to dissolve the sugar directly in the lemon juice.  So, SO much easier:
Some blending, and voilà :

Next, from the Cookbook, a Mint Julep.  I've been curious about them but we didn't have any bourbon so I substituted rum.  I probably won't go down this road again.  You may recognize the red peppermint from THIS POST.  Or not:




 And there you are, some of my latest whims.  What do you think?  
What is your favorite summer drink?

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I like your "squuez machine". I've never see this . It have any special name (for search in amazon) ?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for stopping by! My mom had bought this citrus press/juicer years ago. This is the closest I could find:
    http://www.amazon.com/COMMERCIAL-ORANGE-CITRUS-MANUAL-JUICER/dp/B001EDW86Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

    I hope you find one that suits you!

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!