Thursday, September 30, 2010

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out...

I am fairly obsessed with Cosmic Love, coming up on the Florence + The Machine craze a bit behind.  It's so much fun to try and sing along and just wail your heart out.

The last few days, I have been interviewing for a new job which looks like it may be a go.  I have a trial day Saturday, and I'm really excited.  Mostly, because I have no experience in retail, I think the managers want to make sure I'm not incapable.  So, for an outfit that was interview-appropriate, I adapted a favorite look:
These shoes I got from my favorite vintage store in Lille, France.   As I added things to my check-out pile (I was over-excited about my first paycheck in euros), the prices of each piece were reduced.  What I bought that day have remained staples for the last two years.  They included a favorite, EVERYDAY purse and a leather jacket.
The belt, of course, from that renowned box.  Mummy bought classics.  And the skirt I got from a funny thrift chain in France, it's a Parisian designer, 100% wool and was... 16 euros maybe?  I think from the 70's.
Shifting topics, something I might love as much as vintage accessories is taking pictures of sunsets.  To end these last few days of heat, and what heat it was, we finally got fog.  And a fiery coucher de soleil



That is all for now.  We get to see The Black Keys, so wish me luck in putting together an outfit.  I have been thinking it over now for a few days.  Ok, maybe not days, but it's so much fun to be able to push boundaries with outfits when you're going out.  As The Sartorialist advocates based on the Dries Van Noten S/S 2011 show he reviewed, I may try shopping in my dad's closet.  I've been eyeing a great navy blazer with darts that open from the bottom and big, nautical-themed gold buttons.  No matter where you are, it is early fall, I think maybe officially here, and so maybe that means for you apple-picking or staying out of the rain.  No matter what, hope your leaves are changing color!  With love, Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind!