Monday, July 25, 2011

Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting By The Phone

Want to make sense of the post title?  Press play!
 










An ode to my shoes, that have sat in my closet since my gnarly ankle bid them adieu in April.  I spied the clutch in my closet on my way out to see Harry Potter and realized, "Hey, these match.  YES!"  One of my first vintage purchases, I think I paid $12 for the clutch in 6th grade at Mars on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley (before it was bought out as a member of the same vintage chain that sold me my red leather skirt).  I used to walk past after school on my way  to the bus stop.  Also, it is a coincidence that my yellow nail polish has faded to match the purse.  I promise.

Do you have a story about your first vintage purchase?  Please tell me about it in a comment!  Bisous. 

*Full-length photo by Tim - Thank you, Tim!*

Shoes: Sam Edelman
Jeans: Levi's (Boyfriend's - authentic tears)
Camisole: Dior - maman
Sweater: Comptoir des Cotonniers
Necklaces: Ethiopian Hinged Cross - gift from my French host mother, vintage silver beads, mom's black & pearl, blood coral from vendor on Telegraph Ave.

1 comment:

  1. those shoes are amazing! i can't even remember my first vintage purse but i would assume it was a hand-me-down from my grandmommy or mama!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!