Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Je m'en souviens - Part 3


My mom, in the electric violet blazer and grey hat.  Sorry about the quality, it's rough scanning old photos.  After seeing this post, some of my near and dear ones may never speak to me again.  But I can tell you that we are all past this point and are all the better for it. 

If you knew my mom, you were well familiar with her hats.  Sometimes called "the hat lady," it only seemed appropriate to dedicate a post to this particular accessory:


I channeled  Hailee Steinfeld and loved it.  I may even start using words like "Braggadocio."  I then went grocery shopping and felt very high fashion as I pushed towards the organic tangerines.  I don't wear enough hats, but I feel like they can really push an outfit into a new level of glamorous.  And I can't help but feel like I'm hiding out.








Many thanks to Tim my photographer, and also to our friend, Pat who offered her lovely backyard for the shoot.  Turns out Tim is quite the braggadocio when it comes to his photography skills.

I am wearing a Makins New York hat, vintage jewelry, Park Vogel sweater from Miss Sophie at Laws of General Economy, vintage slip from an estate sale, and vintage Sanders cowboy boots, from Etsy. 

Thanks for stopping by, check back for parts 4 & 5 (once it's available) !  Bisous.

2 comments:

  1. you look super pretty in these photos and that necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support - it is so encouraging. I am very grateful to have a friend in the wide world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!